Subject: internet.tv hacking
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/28/2000 02:00:30
After seeing lots of discussion on comp.sys.acorn.hardware on the subject,
I gave in and spent GBP79.99 on a Bush IBX-101.  I've been poking it this
evening, and it looks like making it run NetBSD/arm32 should be fairly
easy.  I've created a project in the projects database for this (using the
box's built-in Web browser).  FWIW, the box contains:

ARM7500
Lucent 33,600 ISA modem connected as podule 0
Some PC super-IO controller for the parallel port
8Mb SIMM
Some weird NVRAM (not the usual PCF8583)
Not a lot else.

I would write more, but I've just remembered I told someone I'd be in work
at 10:30 tomorrow, so I should go to sleep.

<ponder> What's the cheapest (new) machine that NetBSD will run on? *grin*