Subject: Re: Connect32 information
To: Leo Smiers <L.Smiers@cable.A2000.nl>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/27/2000 02:14:06
On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, Leo Smiers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After a (long) while I am trying (again) to get the SCSI Connect32 card
> working with netbsd-arm32. I would like to use interrupts instead of polling.
Good luck. I never got this to work. With the early connect32 cards it
appeared that interrupts may just not work full stop. The RISC OS driver
did not actually use them. Andreas Gandor (andi@knipp.de) provided me with
some information which did include the register for enabling interrupts
but I could never get any to be generated and further conversations raised
the possibility that the interrupt logic in the PAL on the connect32 has
been disabled/removed as it was not being used on the card I had.

> However to get this working I do need some more information about the
> Connect32 card. Who has any info on registers from the card eg there is a
> register for enabeling the terminator, an other register does page mapping of
> the card (page 0 containing the configuration) etc. I think there should be
> a register for enabling the interrupts and probably dma.

The coscreg.h lists an offset and bit for termination.
I think I may have some DMA addresses scribbled down somewhere though
finding them may be tricky ;-)

> Who ever has this information or can give me an address where to obtain it
> please send it to me.
Andreas was my original contact but that was a number of years ago now.

Cheers
				Mark