Subject: The new RiscPC bootloader works !
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/27/2000 01:51:47
Dear all,

as you can read at the subject line i now have a completely working new
bootloader for NetBSD/arm32 for the RiscPC...

Its a bit raw still and it has some really wierd and funny display
problems, but otherwise completely functionally. I think my video
parameters are a bit off scale ... hmm... have to fix that
tomorrow... Anyway I am currenly typing this message on the RiscPC booted
with my new bootloader.

So ... another hurdle taken !! ... the bug i was tracking could after a
scrutinious search be traced back to a side effect of the commandline
parsing routine (!!!) ... It set a global variable for commandline parsing
and the rest of the kernel didnt like the physical address in it... Its
fixed now but i can tell you it was quite challanging :)

I'll try to fix this nasty screen-code tomorrow (wierd color, some
scrolling problems and a displaced cursor... must be the bootloader
itself...) for testing.

Cheers,
Reinoud