Subject: Re: 1.5 installation crashing
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Pollard <matt@drunk.custard.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/20/2000 10:36:32
In message <200011200137.eAK1bZE02360@trigati.home.net> you wrote:

> > wd0 invalid partition format
> > wd1: no disk label
> >
> > pool scxspl: putting with none out
> >
> > panic: pool_put
> >
> > stopped in sysinst at 0xf011dCd0: ldmdb r11, {r11, r13, r15}
> >
> > db>
> >
> Could you try typing trace at this prompt and mailing the results to the list.
> This looks similar to the install crash reported by somebody else. We may have
> a bug here which needs to be fixed.
>
> Mike

I've tried booting the machine with the same install kernel, but now have a
different error. The only thing that has changed with the machine it the
amount of RAM it has - gone from 66->162Mb (in case this has something to do
with the problem!). The pool_panic error before the installation of this RAM
was consistent.

The machine boots, and:
probes podule 0 (disabled viewfinder) reporting it is an acorn ether3 card,
probes podule 1 which is a cumana scsi 2 card,
probes podule 2 which is a simtec idefs card (going to be used in
installation) and then...

*Bang!*

vm_fault (0xf0312c34,0,3,0)->1
Unhandled trap (frame=0xf0354d8C)
Data abort: 'Permission error (page)' status = 00f address= 00000080
					PC=f00e7bf4
Stopped in swapper at 0xf00e7bf4: str r2, [r1, #0x0080]
db>trace
?(0xf00e7690)
?(0xf00e6098)
?(0xf003103c)