Subject: Re: Installation panic with Cumana SCSI 2 card
To: None <adam@impala.demon.co.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/20/2000 01:43:01
> I know that the problem is caused by the SCSI harddisk, because
> of two things - the references to scsixxx in the kernel debugger
> stack trace, and also I can reproduce the problem by exiting the
> installer and trying "more /dev/sd0a" ("more /dev/wd0a" etc work fine).

Seems like a like a likely candidate but some more digging will be required.

> My CD-ROM drive is also SCSI, so I can't just disable the podule.

Presumably this is where you were hoping to install from. You could copy the
sets to an ADFS partition and then tell the installation kernel to pick them
up from there. The install floppy does contain support for mounting ADFS
partitions. You could then disable the podule in the bootloader and continue
with the install. This will get you going until someone figures out the
problem here.

> Here's the panic and stack trace:
>
> pool scxspl: putting with none out
> panic: pool_put

Thanks for providing the full info. You may also want to use the web site to
submit a PR for this problem. It helps to make sure that things don't get
forgotten. The information you have provided here is pretty much everything
needed for a PR.

Mike