Subject: Re: Problems building VIDC Xserver
To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/16/2000 00:49:10
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> I've just been trying to build the VIDC Xserver from the current sources,
> and I've run into a linking problem. What I get is:
>
> Has anyone else tried this recently?  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Hmm, I built not long ago and it built, perhaps source from 6 weeks or so
ago.   I'll leave it building tommorrow, see if it works here, I can only
think of the xkb change but that was tested.

Have you an existing install already?  it could be library conflict? maybe
you need to do set DESTDIR (is this appropriate for X)  get a build there
then do an install.

you could perhaps fetch the X sets from the ftp site, there appears to be a
recent set in:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5_BETA2/arm32/binary/sets
dated 7/11/00

Note this don't mean they actually work though.

Chris.