Subject: Re: Bootloader 'Todo' List
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <dave_daniels@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/11/2000 11:08:30
In article <200011101402.OAA22226@cam-mail2.cambridge.arm.com>,
   Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com> wrote:

> I would also suggest adding, under longer term.

>   Make !BtNetBSD untangle the memory map and present a flat, unmanaged
> memory map to the kernel boot process.  This currently has to be done
> inside the kernel, which isn't really the best place for it.

I have looked briefly at the RiscPC NetBSD kernel initialisation
code. I did not really understand what was going on but it looked as
though it was going through some nasty contortions to set itself up.
Your idea could be put on the 'long term' list. The kernel is a black
box to me so it will take a while for me to understand what is going on
and what needs to be done.

> R.

Dave Daniels