Subject: Re: Psion 5 & NetBSD/arm32
To: Eracledes Doros <Doros.Eracledes@gcc.com.cy>
From: None <dme@dme.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/08/2000 08:36:40
* Doros.Eracledes@gcc.com.cy [2000-11-08 07:14:37]
| Hello I have a Psion Series 5 8MB RAM  where can i find instructions
| to install NetBSD/arm32 port on it .

At the moment you can't.  I'm working on a port using the gcc ARM
emulator with cl-ps7110 additions to speed things along, but it is
nowhere near to being usable (and time has been scarce of late).

If anyone is interested in the stuff so far I can make it available
somewhere.  Currently that would include:
            - patches to standard gdb 4.18 to add arm32-netbsd support
              (synthesised from the NetBSD source),
            - a copy of the patches to gdb 4.18 to add cl-ps7110
              emulation (from the Linux7k project),
            - work on bootstrap and kernel initialisation code for the
              psion5 in a NetBSD/arm32 tree.

You should note that I'm learning ARM as I go along on this (and I
haven't yet sourced another reference ARM machine (got beaten in a
A7000+ on Ebay ;-( )).

dme.