Subject: Re: ELF
To: Dave Daniels <dave_daniels@argonet.co.uk>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/02/2000 08:53:21
Dave Daniels wrote:

> What is the time schedule for switching to ELF format instead of
> a.out in NetBSD/arm32? I ask because the bootloader will almost
> certainly have to be modified to handle kernels which are in
> ELF format. If so, it should be added to the 'things to do'
> list.

Not having looked at the internals of the arm32 bootloader(s), but
by using libsa's loadfile() you don't need to write any ELF specific
code - it's all there already.  For netbooting, you're usually
constrained by what format the firmware/PROM/BIOS understands.

In short - I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Simon.
NetBSD Sales, Support and Service:  http://www.wasabisystems.com/