Subject: Re: RISC OS 2000 show report
To: David Brownlee , Andy Wingate <xyzzy@ox.compsoc.net>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/01/2000 22:22:53
On Wed, 01 Nov 2000, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Andy Wingate wrote:
> > > 	If anyone is interested in helping with any of the above, assisting
> > > 	at future shows, or anything related to NetBSD/arm{26,32}, please
> > > 	get in touch. We may be attending the December 2 show in the
> > > 	midlands (more details later).
> >
> > I'd like to get involved somewhere, it's probably more a question of
> > where/how.
>
> 	It depends on what you are interested in doing.
> 	Some of the obvious ways are:
> 	    - Working on the RiscOS tools (though we may have someone
> 	      already interested in this :)
> 	    - Writing/updating kernel drivers ('real programming' :)
> 	      This ranges fro supporting more hardware, converting
> 	      NetBSD/arm32 to the new 'wscons' MI console drivers,
> 	      profiling the kernel and speeding things up, to working
> 	      on MI drivers like a linux style 'cramfs' filesystem.
> 	    - Updating the install notes
> 	    - Maintaining the NetBSD/arm32 FAQ
> 	    - Compiling things from pkgsrc and fixing arm32 specific
> 	      code errors
> 	    - Just about anything else you feel like.
>
> 	Any of the above tickle your fancy? :)

There's also the TODO list:
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/syssrc/sys/arch/arm32/doc/TODO?rev=1.9&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

some things there maybe little use for, eg the hydra support, the hydra never
made it to market, and other SMP SA solutions look to be on the way :)

I was thinking it would be good to take that list and stuff that came from
the show and make an uptodate list of stuff that's be good for 1.5.x and
stuff for future, and perhaps what's big and small, and somehow prioritise it.

Cheers,
Chris