Subject: Re: 1.5a2 installation kernel??
To: Todd Vierling , David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/2000 15:18:11
----- Original Message -----
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>

> Where is this RPCINST goop?  This needs to be in-tree; we already have 1.5_BETA out for arm32!

The RPCINST config file is in tree (as are the other *INST).  However to build it all up properly requires some work by hand, IE it's not in the arm32 make stuff to build the floppy image and the kernels and do the mdsetimage thing.

I did it by hand (or maybe I've a shell script somewhere at home...)

I believe it's a matter of work in the etc/etc.arm32 dir...  Oh another painful thing I found is that the making of the ramdisk (in distrib/arm32/ramdisk AFAIR) uses the settings in /etc/disktab, which may not be up to date (ramdisk size changed from 1.7 to 1.9 recently...)

I'll look into this some more tonight.

Chris