Subject: Re: 1.5a2 installation kernel??
To: NetBSD-ARM32 <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Maus <maus@mail.uni-mainz.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/2000 15:56:53
On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > Yes bb_riscbsd needs to report a positive value and then write this
> > value into a spare slot in the filecore bootblock. I don't know if this
> > is F+ compatible as I am still running with RISCOS 3.7. Has anyone got
> > NetBSD installed on the same disk as a RISC OS4/F+ filecore format
> > partition? bb_riscbsd is BASIC perhaps the maths just overflows for
> > 2GB+ partitions so needs a little tweaking.
>
> 	Ack.. another thing to try to get fixed for 1.5 :)

Almost a year ago I installed NetBSD on the one and only hard disc in my
RISC PC, which was E+ (commonly called F+) formatted. I also saw the
negative numbers bb_riscbsd presented but I had enough courage to test it
nonetheless as I had made backups before. It did its job and both
partitions seem OK. So there's probably just a problem with displaying the
values. On the other hand, the return values of some SWIs could have
changed to cope with larger discs.
By the way, it was a hard job figuring out how to install NetBSD 1.4 on an
Acorn. Upgrading from 1.3 was much easier. I'm looking forward to the
first release of 1.5.

Gruesse, regards,
             -Sebastian-
--
Dieser Bescheid wurde nicht maschinell erstellt.
Er ist ohne Unterschrift gueltig.