Subject: 1.5a2 installation kernel??
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: M Pollard <M.Pollard@bristol.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/2000 11:05:13
Hi,

Has anyone got a 1.5a2 installation kernel?? I am after reinstalling
netbsd on either an idefs (simtec) hard drive  or a cumana scsi2-linked
4.5gb hard drive. Will the installation on either of these card work??
Which is the best one to use for netbsd nowadays??
I have previously used netbsd on the idefs card, but after upgrading to
riscos 4 i reformatted all the machines drives and deleted netbsd. Since
then attempts to reinstall using a 1.4 installation kernel on the idefs
card have failed with an odd error, possibly linked to the f+ format of
the idefs drive i am trying to use. bb_riscbsd is reporting negative
values (for some reason) - i assume this isn't helping matters, since
the installation kernel boots, probes the hardware and returns correct
devices, then gets to the bit where sysinst is run and says the
simtec card/hd/cable may be faulty, then the installer gets stuck not
being able to see the hard drive....
Any recommendations anyone??

cheers,

matt