Subject: Re: XF86_SVGA for Shark with XKB
To: is@netbsd.org, Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/24/2000 08:47:17
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 12:00:09PM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> >
> > > Oh yes, two simple tests:
> > >
> > > - xdpyinfo should tell you wether it is enabled in the server
> > > - xkbvleds is a quick tool to test it (sets keyboard LEDs)
> > >
> > Okay. I'll do some more investigation this evening and get back to you.
>
> Any results? preferably to the mailing list...

Sorry I was a little busier than I anticipated.

xdypinfo indicates the the XKEYBOARD extension is present. xkbvleds
picks up the state of the keyboard LEDS as they are modified. I
couldn't load an alternate keymap. None of the options I could come up
with yielded anything other than a 'could not load keymap reverting to
defaults error message. I think that it is because the RiscPC specific
code does not set thing up so that it is possible. Next time I get some
free time I'll try and do a little more digging.

Mike