Subject: XF86_SVGA for Shark with XKB
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Runge <runge@rostock.zgdv.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/16/2000 10:26:53
After getting my german keyboard working right on Shark's console
and finally downloading xsrc, I tried to watch, why there is no
keyboard extension compiled into the X server.

And I found this in xsrc/xc/config/cf/site.def:

#if defined(NetBSDArchitecture) && defined(arm32Architecture)
/*
 * This causes a problem with the X server, so I'm disabling it for now. -JJK
 */
#define BuildXKB              NO
#endif

So, let's see, what problems these are. I removed these line, recompiled
and ended up with an Xserver with XKB. And no problems.

I guess, the problems are RiscPC based, as enabling XKB and putting
the right flags into /etc/XF86Config's keyboard section, everything
works quite fine.

Could someone please test, if these problems really exist on RiscPC?
If not, could we please enable XKB by default?

Thanks.

--
Tom