Subject: Upcoming Acorn Show
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org, port-arm26@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/10/2000 08:12:09
Hi,

Not sure how many people on these lists follow the Acorn shows etc very
closely.  Anyway the next major Acorn show is at Epsom on 21st-22nd of
October.  More details of the show can be found:
http://www.armclub.org.uk/shows/riscos/

Anyway some of us are going to be there showing netbsd off to the acorn
market, in the hope to get people curious.  Currently planed is to have
leaflets (probably double side of A4, but maybe double sided A5 depending on
level of info on it) with info on NetBSD and basic installation instructions.
Also planed is be burning of CD's at the show with the latest 1.5 builds we
have at the time for arm26 and arm32.

Note we'll have a mixture of hardware there, plans include RiscPC, A540,
CATS, sparc, vax, i386, all networked together with a bit of luck :)

With a view to the CD's I'm wondering what people will find useful to have on
them?  Currently I'm thinking of things like the tool to tweak binaries to
avoid help avoid the SA bug with end of pages.

Anyway current plans for the CD:
arm32 build (with bootloader/installation instructions, including X sets),
arm26 build (bootloader/installation instructions)
i386 build
Source archives that the above will have been built from.
possibly KDE 2 (with a view that it's a nice enviroment, includes dialup
software and web browser, (I'll be building most of it next week as KDE 2
final is released on Monday))
Anything else that people can think of.

What I'm asking is if anyone knows of something that should be included on
the CD or some useful links to include on the leaflet.

What I'm asking is if anyone knows of anything useful that it would be worth
including on the CD.  Or any useful links to point to on the web.

Note that we don't expect to make any money, however it would be nice to
cover costs so if anyone in in the area popin and say hello, and buy a CD.
Note we plan to charge £10 for the CD (that's cheaper than oregon (a RISC-OS
web browser) and it includes a complete OS :).

With a bit of luck we might find more people subscribing to the list than for
a long time :)

Cheers,
Chris