Subject: RE: Memory map guidelines
To: 'Robert Swindells' <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Alstrup, Kurt <kurt.alstrup@intel.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/09/2000 11:02:28
 Thank you for the info. This is very close to what I was looking for. Sorry
if this next is a stupid question, but where would I want to look to find
your patches?

 I was thinking of using the Angel loader, so my stuff should bootup very
much like the eval board (I think, I haven't got the board to play with
yet). Will the Angel loader set up the initial MMU's like you described?

 The reference guides for the IXP1200 is available on the developer CD. It
is free (afaik), but I think it is necessary to register in order to get it.

 Is all this kind of information available in a document somewhere or do I
simply have to browse over the code to dig it up? For example I'm wondering
why the linker puts text at address 1020; what is in the address range 0 ->
101f? Perhaps this is BSD related info, not ARM32 specific.

Regards,
Kurt Alstrup