Subject: Re: Shark netboot question
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Alex Dumitriu <alexrd@earthlink.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/03/2000 15:59:13
(sorry to switch my name in the middle of a thread, but that "roshi" was an
artifact that should never have gone through... my bad.)

>> The only thing I see that rings alarms for me is a:
>> cs0: driver only supports memory mode
>> message when the cs0 interface is detected by the kernel. I'm not sure what
>> that refers to and it may or may not be relevant.
>
> That's interesting -- that's what's causing the driver to not
> function.  (It's a deficiency in the driver, but the fact that the
> driver hits that case indicates that something weird is going on.)

For my own edification and education, what does "only supports memory mode"
mean exactly? (If this is a can of worms you don't have the time or
inclination to open, that's fine).

> It'd be interesting to get full output from:
>
> : showall ." **** " pwd .properties cr ;
> " /" ' showall scan-subtree
>
> typed at the firmware.  (you'll need a serial console to get it all.)

I have no serial port on this machine, but I'll copy what I need by hand. I
assume it's not just the /vlbus/isa/ethernet@i300 section that is relevant.
What else do I need?
(FWIW, here's the ethernet stuff nonetheless):
****    /vlbus/isa/ethernet@i300
interrupts  0000000b
            00000003
reg         00000001    00000300    00000010
compatible    CS8900
model         CS8900
device_type     network
name            ethernet

> I think i've mentioned this before here.  Go to:
>
> http://www.demetriou.com/shark/firmware/
I'm sure you did, one's eyes tend to glaze a bit when slogging through
archives at 4AM...
Thanks.

One other thing: My clock battery is dead, I didn't mention it because it
shouldn't matter, but stranger things have happened....

BTW Chris, Romanian?
-- Alex Dumitriu