Subject: Re: How can I help ?
To: Marius Li Nor <Marius.Li@SiemensSG.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 10/03/2000 15:46:30
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Marius Li Nor wrote:

> I'm very interested in the project of porting NetBSD to the Psion 5 series.
> I am the proud owner of a 5mx and a big linux cluster. I would like to help

	Sounds like a good start :)

> out in any way I can.
> Here's what I do and can :
>
> Mediocre knowledge of C.
> Good understanding of the electronical side of computers.
> Good understanding and knowledge of the different 'nixes.
> I also like to try and make stuff work, and I have an almost unlimited
> patience for working with config files and applications.
> And of course, I have a great learning capability and a great interest for
> computers and different gadgets.
>
> If there's anything I can do with my ( limited ) skills, please let me know.

	First thing to do would probably be to setup a NetBSD/arm32
	crosscompiler (if you have a NetBSD/i386 or similar box you can
	use the cross/arm-netbsd pakcge from pkgsrc), and try to get a
	NetBSD standalone binary to boot using an existing linux
	bootloader.

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --