Subject: Footbridge/PCI initialization?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Bruno Achauer <bruno@achauer.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/16/2000 18:49:38
Hi,

I'm working on port of NetBSD/arm32 (1.5_ALPHA2) to a Footbridge-based
singe-board computer.  Most of it is up and running, but I can't get
Ethernet (Intel 82559ER attached to Footbridge PCI) working; apparently,
the firmware initializes the Footbridge and/or the PCI bus either
incompletely, incorrectly or in a way NetBSD can't handle :-(

To find the problem, I'd like to see the configuration registers of a
CATS or EBSA285 early in the boot process (i.e. before initarm() has
installed its own page tables).

In particular, I am looking for a hex dump of address range
0x42000000..42000160 [Footbridge configuration] and either the boot
messages of a kernel with option PCIVERBOSE enabled, or the first 256
bytes at addresses 0x7bc0[0-a][08]000.

--Bruno