Subject: Re: arm32 1.5 builds?
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/29/2000 22:31:56
On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 05:01:07PM +0100, Mike Pumford wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 10:03:36PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I tried to build 1.5_ALPHA  on arm32.
> >
> > So you have a running version, don't you ?
> >
> Yes. I have done a couple of 1.5_ALPHA builds on arm32. The first was
> from NetBSD-current 1.4R. The second was built on the previous
> 1.5_ALPHA build. I also built full installation kernels and X11 for the
> second snapshot and burnt a couple of CDs for some friends.

So, what patches did you make to the distrib/arm32 and etc/etc.arm32
directories? Last I tried, the ramdisk didn't fit its disktab entry, and the
the enlarged ramdisk was silently truncated when mdsetimaging it, and the
enlarged kernel still wasnt able to find the md0a (Error 22), and on that
iteration it was too late to think anymore, so I went to bed.

Regards,
	-is