Subject: Re: TODO list
To: Dave Daniels <dave_daniels@argonet.co.uk>
From: Anthony Hilton <ajh@tinshill.f9.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/26/2000 20:55:00
In <URL:news:local.netbsd> on Tue 25 Jul, Dave Daniels wrote:

> RISC OS does not use a disk-based bootloader so I do not think
> that you will find a cleaner way to boot NetBSD on a RISC OS
> machine than we have now.
>
> Dave Daniels

Would it be possible to boot NetBSD cleaner if you knew you always wanted
to boot to it instead of RISC OS, by modifying the disc-based boot
structure so that it doesn't set anything RISC OS related but went straight
to btriscbsd as from a command line?

Would it be possible to refine the above with an on-screen menu offering
the choice of booting via RISC OS into NetBSD or into a more configured
RiscOS session (as with Dos or Windows boot menus)?

Just a couple of thoughts without any knowledge of practicality - I'm not
familiar enough with the ways RISC OS and NetBSD work during boot up.

Anthony Hilton

--
ajh@tinshill.f9.co.uk