Subject: Re: TODO list
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/26/2000 01:00:43
Hi Ben, Hi Stephen,

> > FWIW, I've been doing a bit of work on the ea driver for arm26.  It does at
> > least receive packets for me now, but the 8005 seems to get swamped if my
> > fxp card sends frames too fast.  Has anyone else observed this?  Anyway,
> > I'll append the mbuf-alignment patch to the relevant PRs when I get a
> > moment.
>
> Could this perhaps fix the long outstanding bug (which appears to be
> alignment related) when using ipfilter with the ea/eb drivers. An example
> (IIRC) was:

Well i think it does.... and it also seems to solve the other problems
with the ea/eb drivers ... no more dropped packets nor long timeouts for
`device timeout' .... i just copied a HUGE directory-tree (complete
-current source + objectfiles, about 716 Mb) over NFS to my RiscPC ... an
action that normally would include several dropped packets, timeouts and
stuff every X megabytes or so but it performed beautifully without one
hickup !! ... Also i let it run on a reasonably empty network for testing
too and it didnt give me anything either for at 6+ hours. So i think these
long standing problems are fixed or at least provisionally cured for now!
Maybe that is also bugging the newer versions of the ea / eb driver who
have a significant higher performance btw.

Reinoud