Subject: Re: TODO list
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org, imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/25/2000 11:47:02
In article <Pine.NEB.4.21.0007242158060.5075-100000@rangerover.kasbah> you write:
>One of the things that might be on the list is a replacement of the RiscOS
>bootloader. Not that it is that bad, not at all, but more that its then
>possible to have a uniform bootloader across all NetBSD/arm32. My idea was
>f.e. to look if its posible to use the NetBSD/arm26 bootloader and modify
>it so it will load NetBSD/arm32 on the RiscPC too.

_Please_ don't do this!  BBBB is a mess, and what I'd like is for someone to
sort things out to build RISC OS executables linked against libsa so we can
use the same code as the rest of the world.  That _would_ be worth sharing
between the ports.

>The Seeq 800x
>drivers for ea and eb ... i got some drivers quite a time ago from Mark
>Brinicombe but he still hasnt committed them ... then how are we -current
>users expected to beta test them and help debug them ?

FWIW, I've been doing a bit of work on the ea driver for arm26.  It does at
least receive packets for me now, but the 8005 seems to get swamped if my
fxp card sends frames too fast.  Has anyone else observed this?  Anyway,
I'll append the mbuf-alignment patch to the relevant PRs when I get a
moment.