Subject: Rev 4 Video out?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: None <kbaker3@ic3.ithaca.edu>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/20/2000 09:16:56
Do the Rev 4 Sharks produce video out?  Most of the questions that I have
seen are about the Rev 5.  I have three R. 4 boxes and I don't want to
spend hours playing with timings if its just not going to work.  I see the
Analog devices chip which I believe I have seen on many TV out cards but I
have no idea if it actualy works.  Are there some chip registers that I
needed to be tweeked?

Also...  I upgraded my bios ona  rev 4 box to the "latest and greatest"
only to have the video not appear.  After a long session of serial port
console I tried some of the rev 5 delay loop hacks and got it relitively
constant...

-----
If the Creator had said, "Let there be light" in Ankh-Morpork, he'd have
gotten no further because of all the people saying "What colour?"
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Men At Arms)

Keith Baker			kbaker3@ic3.ithaca.edu
Ithaca College			(607) 375-2602
Theatre Production Arts		http://thelighthouse.dhs.org/keith/