Subject: Re: gnupg 1.0.1?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/10/2000 13:54:43
On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 06:42:33AM +0200, Jan-Uwe Finck wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 05:48:48PM +0200, Frank Wennmohs wrote:
> > I asked this once (ages ago...), but I would like to know
> > if anyone got this gnupg1.0.1 working on arm32.
> > (especially the key-generation)
It's best to send a problem report if you want to get it fixed.
(send-pr(1) or http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html )

> No, compilation and installation seem to work fine, but not the
> key-generation. It just generates and generates and..
> This is on a RiscPC 600 with an ARM610 with pkgsrc from yesterday.
I bet it's a compiler/optimization bug. I've seen something similar with
ssh's (or was it pgp's?) key generation some months/years ago.

Workaround: Compile the key-generator (or the whole package) with a lower
optimization (-O) or no optimization at all - often this helps.

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.