Subject: Re: is there netscape for NetBSD-1.4.1 on arm32?
To: Richard PLOIX <richard.ploix@fr.adp.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/04/2000 10:05:40
On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 06:31:19PM +0200, Richard PLOIX wrote:

> I try to compile netscape on NetBSD-1.4.1 arm32 and I have this message :
> there is not available version of netscape in arm32-1.4.1.
> do somebody know why ?

The "netscape" pkg can only install some sort of binary distributed by
Netscape (the company) for some operating system that NetBSD can emulate.

For Sparc it installs the SunOS version, for Alpha the OSF-1 version.
For i386 it installs the Linux version.

There simply is none for arm32 cpus.

> what is the best browser for arm32 1.4.1 ? (if there is one).

Web browser? links, with occasional assistance by lynx.

Coloured blinking advertisements browser? You can try to compile Mozilla.

All three available through the NetBSD pkg system.

	-is