Subject: Re: CATS crash with heavy IDE use
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Steve Woodford <scw@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/24/2000 22:07:56
On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Stephen Borrill wrote:

> I've noticed this before, but today I've sat down and tested. When two
> drives are in heavy use on a CATS it completely locks. For instance if
> either of the two following commands are run separately, everything works
> fine. If both are run at the same time the machine will completely lock.

This affects diskful Sharks too, although much less so with -current
compared to the 1.4 branch. It has also been reported on some i386
installations.

It would be *real* nice to get to the bottom of this problem, but because
the machines in question lock up rock-solid, no-one's been able to break
to DDB to figure out what's going on.

Is there any facility on the CATS board to generate some kind of NMI that
might then be used to break into ddb?

Cheers, Steve