Subject: Re: Kernel Config
To: None <kbaker3@ic3.ithaca.edu>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/01/2000 09:57:41
> How exactly does one config a NetBSD Kernel...  I am a NetBSD newbie with
> a strong linux background.  I am very spoiled with make config on linux.
> I understand the procedure to build the config tool and then where to find
> the config file but the documentation in the file is very sparse.  Right
> now boot gets a lot of this stuff:
>
> May 31 21:14:59 sharky /netbsd: mouse@aux at ofbus2 not configured
>
> This not configured error is supposed to be missing drivers.  I tried
> adding a config for it but I really don't understand what it would be.
> This wole problem arises since I have no mouse driver configured as far as
> I can tell.

This is a shark, right?

There are several "devices" reported by the shark firmware that are not
configured in the way you might expect.  It doesn't mean that NetBSD
doesn't support them, it just uses another method.  I think the mouse is
one of them.

Take a closer look at your boot messages, I think you will find the mouse
is  configured somewhere else during the boot.

R.