Subject: Re: setting up cross-compile kernel builds?
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/31/2000 21:57:32
On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 02:49:25PM -0400, Edwin Foo wrote:
> I've downloaded and installed the cross/arm-netbsd pkg from pkgsrc, and I'd
> like to try using it to compile kernels for arm32. I just added
> /usr/pkg/cross/arm-netbsd/bin in front of my path - that works for compiling
> most stuff, but for kernels, I'm noticing that i386 stuff still gets
> included for libs and includes. How do I get the toolchain to look in
> /usr/pkg/cross/arm-netbsd/include and lib by default?
For kernel builds setting MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH should be enough
(kernel's don't need/usr includes or libraries outside of the /sys tree.)
I think you must set them both to "arm32".
If unset they default to the "home" system---"i386" in your case.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.