Subject: Re: fixed compiler: did anybody (besides me) test?
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/26/2000 23:42:29
On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 10:10:22PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 04:30:27PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > See subject.
> >
> > Did anybody with current build the compiler, then build something major
> > with it? I'm about to request pullup of the fix to the 1.4 branch...
>
> With code from 25 May, on a RiscPC I built (kernel, world) with the old
> compiler, then kernel with the new one. This last kernel won't boot with
> what I believe to be the old strtoul problem (Kernel entry point out of
> range)...
You have to rebuilt libc with the new compiler, install it and then rebuilt
the linker (.../src/gnu/usr.bin/ld.new) and install it as well to be sure
it's not linked against an old libc.so.*

(The compiler bug doesnt' affect the kernel, it breaks the -Ttext option
of the linker so it can't produce bootable kernel images)

BTW: the fix works fine for me.
--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.