Subject: Re: Xarm32VIDC startup errors
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: John Snowdon <John@snowdon36.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/21/2000 20:43:40
I ran it again and this is the exact output:

Started from console 0
Spawned console 8
Videomemory pbase = 18380000
Frame buffer 800 x 600 x 8	<--- (I allocated 512K DRAM in the BtRiscBSD bootloader for video mem)

Devilchild /netbsd: Multiple open of/dev/vidcvideo0 by proc 2430
Devilchild /netbsd: Multiple open of/dev/vidcvideo0 by proc 2430

it then goes into the debugger, BUT if I type continue and keep hitting return, then it will eventually bring up a (severely corrupted) xwindow screen that is
shifted so far along that the right side of the screen is on the left! Also, the colours are totally messed up ("xsetroot -solid black" results in a red
background!!).

This is using the supplied Xarm32VIDC from the NetBSD 1.4.2 release.

"If you're not scared, then you're not going fast enough!"

John "IronMan_J" Snowdon

mailto:John@snowdon36.freeserve.co.uk
http://www.btinternet.com/~megatron

On 21/05/00 19:27:17, David Forbes uttered the immortal words...