Subject: Re: fixed compiler: did anybody (besides me) test?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/19/2000 15:57:32
> On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 03:36:17PM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > > See subject.
> > >
> > > Did anybody with current build the compiler, then build something major with
> > > it? I'm about to request pullup of the fix to the 1.4 branch...
> > >

> > I've done a complete "make build" with it (except for the kernel).
>
> Sounds good enough.

Actually, strictly, I've only done the build with the patch that I sent
in, not with the one you applied (though I doubt there would be a
difference in a change as small at that).  With anoncvs being down last
weekend, I haven't been able to grab the latest sources.

> Actually, I don't expect _adding_ contraints to make the compiler go wrong;
> at worst, it can create slightly slower code than before, which is still
> correct.

Adding constraints can cause failure, because it could cause a pattern to
no-longer match.  This shouldn't occur for this change, however.

R.