Subject: Re: Installation information problem
To: None <John@snowdon36.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 05/07/2000 23:18:38
> I have been trying to get NetBSD-1.4.2 installed on my A7000 for the past week or so. I have all the *.tgz sets and the gzip'd A7000 kernel
> file. The Installation
> info directs me to a directory that doesnt seem to exist on the ftp server (or any mirrors): arm32/platform and also to other documents in this
> directory for using
> the risc-os filesystem and a boot utility that can be found within.

Right well the file you need is called prep.RISCOS and can be found at

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/src/distrib/notes/arm32/

> Whats going on? Am I missing something bigtime, or am I just being stupid?

Nope. You've just walked into a flaw in the NetBSD distribution. Once you get
going you should report it as a bug. However I don't know where you can get
the bootloader from. I can't find it on the NetBSD server. Perhaps someone who
knows where it can be found can speak up. I know that there are other RISC OS
utilities that you need that are bundled with the bootloader so you are pretty
stuffed until you can find it.

Mike