Subject: Re: NIC Question (arm/26)
To: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
From: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/26/2000 19:34:09
On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk wrote:

> I've been trying to boot NetBSD/arm26 over the weekend on one of the
> A5k's but for the life of me I cant work out if the Ethernet card I
> have is an Ether1.  AFAIK, it's a Atomwide 'A-1006' 16-bit podule
> with 10base2.  It has an Access+ ROM on board but I cant work out what
> sort of card it is as Atomwide have nicely glued a sticker over the
> top of the controller IC.

Ether I cards (AKA25) don't have any ROM on board, were only made by Acorn
and have AUI as well as 10base2. Your card sounds like some variant of the
Ether III/IV/V to me (ea0 driver) which come in both Atomwide and Acorn
flavours (AEH54). I have a number of new 10base2 AEH54s if anyone would
like to purchase one.

--
Stephen Borrill