Subject: Re: HUGE_VAL - NAN
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/19/2000 12:28:36
> On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 01:43:03PM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> >
> > OK.  The problem is that __nanf is not correctly aligned, so that when
> > read as a double we get garbage.  If you add the following to the top of
> > your program, then this overrides the libc version of __nanf and we get
> > the correct results.
> > This should be send-pr'ed.
>
> Just send-pr'ed your fix as lib/9931
>
> >  A similar fix is also required for Infinity:
> > we have just been lucky there so far.
>
> I thought that was what lib/7829 was about (inf.c) or is there still
> something to worry about?

Oops!  I did that yesterday (port-arm32/9925).  Mark fixed it.

The inf.c fix in lib/7829 was that it contained a completely bogus value
(the two words were the wrong way around.  But it is still a char array,
so it needs an alignment attribute as well (it's just that the alignment
has never been a problem there for some reason).

R.