Subject: Re: Problem with Acorn SCSI card running 1.4R
To: None <rearnsha@arm.com>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/13/2000 14:12:17
> What was the last working kernel that you used with the card?

Well it worked with 1.4 and it worked with the current kernels
immediately following 1.4. I pulled the card whilst playing around
with some other podules and never got round to reattaching it.
Unfortunately this means I don't remember the kernel I was using at the
time I unplugged it.

> I have an updated driver for this card that uses the on-board memory for
> DMA (giving significantly better performance); but I haven't been keeping
> up-to-date with -current recently (My last kernel was built before Xmas).

That was one of the reasons for plugging it back in. So your driver
works correctly with this updated SCSI probe?  If so I'll grab it from
the PR and patch it in.

> I believe there is also a small patch that you need to make to make the
> existing driver work too (it's due to the way that the devices attached to
> the SCSI bus are now probed in interrupt mode, IIRC).  I've got a patch,
> but it's at home; I'll try and remember to dig it out.

Well if your updated driver won't work then I guess I'll need this.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Mike