Subject: Re: devices which show up as "not configured" on shark
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/09/2000 22:54:37
Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au> writes:
> Looking at NetBSD-1.4/arm32 on my shark, there's quite a few things
> which show up as not configured:

which shouldn't necessarily worry you.

> dma-controller@i00 at ofisa0 not configured
> interrupt-controller@i20 at ofisa0 not configured
> timer@i40 at ofisa0 not configured

this is part of the standard isa support goop, it's actually used, but
nobody bothers matching the OF device hierarchy.

> configuration@i15c at ofisa0 not configured

don't even know what this is.

> mouse@aux at ofbus2 not configured

this is the mouse.  that's supported, but again not via a device that
attaches to the OF device hierearchy.

> power@i380 at ofisa0 not configured

don't even know what this is, either.  (the machine doesn't have soft
power, though, so it's not gonna be particularly interesting.)

> eeprom at ofbus3 not configured

forget which eeprom this is.  you don't want to touch it, anyway.

> midi@i330 at ofisa0 not configured

this is the midi device you'll get if you've got the audio drivers
configured.  same as the others.

> pci at ofbus1 not configured

nobody's done much with this, AFAIK (except to test that configuration
space accesses worked).  come up with a connector to attach a PCI
device, and i suspect it'll be pretty easy to make some code work.

> display@it3b0 at ofbus1 not configured

this is the VGA controller.

> does -current provide any more drivers for the above ?

the ones that should be supported pretty much are already.

cgd