Subject: Re: 1.4.2 SHARK kernel freezes when doing lots of disk i/o
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/07/2000 13:26:51
On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 10:32:31PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Forgot to mention the patch that I reverted:
>
> for now, all of
> sys/dev/ata/ata_wdc.c
> sys/dev/ic/wdc.c
> sys/dev/scsipi/atapi_wdc.c
>
> have been reverted to PATCH001. There are a log of wdc.c related changes
> in 1.4.2, and I need about one hour of testing (better two) to be sure
> it works or not... simply unpacking 20 MB doesn't do.

So....

I've tested back to forth, and it definitely is the 1.66.2.3 (or later)
version of dev/ic/wdc.c that triggers the problem.

Btw, I tried to fix the potential race condition in the arm32 *spl*()
(see other thread), but it didn't help for this.

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of