Subject: Project arm26
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Pistoor <erestor@gmx.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/06/2000 17:19:11
 Hi,
 I have at home an Archimedes 310 without harddisc, 1MByte RAM and
RiscOS 2 and a R160 (? I guess), which is something like the A440 with
RiscIX as second operating system, with a SCSI-harddisc, 8MByte RAM,
RiscOS 3 and RiscIX 1.2(?). I have fitted into both a Arcon-Ecunet part,
but didn't bought the needed external hardware like the clock-source. So
I was not able to connect the two. I have also a SCSI-Zip-Drive, which I
use at the R160.
 I started to look at NetBSD, as it should be ported to many platforms
and I hoped, that it can replace or complement RiscIX, which is also a
child of BSD. And I will like to have one nice operating system an these
two computers and my other two Intel-clones.
 When I saw, that NetBSD/arm32 is now official, I thought about porting
it to the Archimedes. As someone else has started to do this, I would be
happy to help. I would also like to get some help in using the econet
between the two computers :-). Do someone have the missing components to
offer cheaply?

 Greetings
 Andreas Pistoor