Subject: 1.4.2 SHARK kernel freezes when doing lots of disk i/o
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/04/2000 10:26:52
Hello,

i think somebody mentioned this already...

I've put a bigger disk into my release Shark, and installed 1.4.2 on it
after netbooting the SHARKINST kernel. This worked fine.

However, when running SHARK_wd, unpacking pkgsrc.tar either locally or via
ftp over Ethernet makes the machine freeze, as in: no input events pass in,
the activity LED stays either on or off, no more accessible over network.

I've booted the 1.4.1 SHARK_wd, and it worked, find, and I've built
the ssh package a couple of times without problems.

Any more observations?

	-is
--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of