Subject: Re: How can I make a smallest binary NetBSD and What size?
To: Hong-Taek Ju <juht@postech.ac.kr>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/21/2000 15:45:55
	That would depend on the hardware drivers, pseudo devices,
	filesystems and suchlike compiled into the kernel, and
	whether you compile out IPv6 support.

	Given that someone is currently porting NetBSD to the older
	ARM cpus which have a 26bit address space and 4MB of RAM, I'm
	sure it should be possible to fit a compressed kernel with
	embedded ramdisk into 1MB ROM, and run in 4MB of RAM, but
	it would be very tight.

	Sorry I do not have exact figures (My arm32 systems are
	currently on a different continent :(

		David/absolute