Subject: NetBSD/arm32 - current development
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/14/2000 16:55:02
Dear All,

since i'm tracking -current for other projects and i would like to start
porting NetBSD/arm32 someday to the new imago (whenever it's finished)...
i watch closely what parts of NetBSD change.

However, i see almost no development taking place on NetBSD/arm32 in
contrast to NetBSD/pmax, NetBSD/alpha and NetBSD/sparc to name a few ....

Is all NetBSD/arm32 development in another branch instead of HEAD ? I'm
supping my sources directly from ftp.netbsd.org.

Is someone working on the new console code? the new serial driver `com' ?
The new variant of wscons with the machine dependent `rcons' ?

I would like to help development, but i don't want to do things double ...
Is it maybe a good idea for developers to commit their changes? Then we
can beta-test new drivers too ... I still run a beta `ea' driver from Mark
Brinicome which i never saw committed .... and thats more than a 4 months
ago or so... (despite some very indicental floods of debug messages, it
generally works fine and smooth)...

Any ideas/comments apreciated....

Reinoud