Subject: Re: smartcard slot.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/01/2000 21:28:54
one thing to be aware of with the existing integration of the Shark
smartcard driver into the master NetBSD sources (that changed from the
version we were using at Digital):

revision 1.2
date: 1998/05/01 21:13:02;  author: cgd;  state: Exp;  lines: +30 -19
clean up, get it closer to compiling.  (Note that this change includes
a change marked XXX, where gcc -Wall pointed out a bit of the original
code that looked wrong.  The jury's still out on whether or not it was
really wrong, but it looked _very_ suspicious.)

at the time, i asked the original authors of the code to look at it
and tell me what was right, but I never got any response.

somebody with a clue about smart card protocols might look at it...
(or, you might just frob the code so that it uses the other possible
parenthesization, and see what effect that has.  8-)

cgd