Subject: Re: smartcard slot.
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/01/2000 10:01:47
Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> writes:
> has anyone ever done anything interesting with the Shark smartcard
> slot?  I just tried to turn on some cards I have and I always end
> up getting:
>
> 	 ERROR_ATR_T3  /* timer T3 expired */
>
> I'm wondering if it's because the cards I'm trying are T1 protocol
> cards instead of T0 or??? I don't really know anything about this
> stuff, just screwing around.

The Smart Card slot was known to work with the smart cards it was
meant to work with.  As in, the driver actually functioned with
application software that talked to cards.  In fact, it functioned
well enough that we let thousands of people use them, at the Oracle 8
launch in NYC and at Oracle OpenWorld in Los Angeles.

I dunno what the technical specs on those were, though.  (You might
look at the Shark web site.)

cgd