Subject: Re: Powertec card stops boot
To: None <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/07/2000 14:01:45
> I cam also in the process of finding out how we can support PowerROMs
> through a dialogue with the developer of these cards.
>
> I hope this helps, and if noone else takes the plunge in a tries to
> sort this out, then I will do that in time.

This would be very useful.  I'd like to upgrade the ROM in my Acorn SCSI
card so that I can use the zip drive from RISC OS, but operation in NetBSD
is a requirement before I can do this.

> I am not so sure about the SBIC driver (WD33C93), though as I haven't
> seen any other generic drivers for that. There really should be made
> a generic driver for the SCSI chip as that is used in the Amiga, Mvme68k
> and Arm32 ports.

My rewrite should have eliminated *most* of the dependencies (it now uses
the bus_space routines to read and write the SBIC chip, but the DMA access
model has been changed slightly; I don't know how much work it would be to
port the 68k based ports to this.

Richard.