Subject: Re: Installing IDE drive in SHARK
To: Steve Woodford <swoodfor@bluews.com>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@simon.sfsu.edu>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/06/2000 04:37:52
On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Steve Woodford wrote:

> > [ using Todd's 23 Dec 1999 snapshot, no /etc/disktab, no label ]
>
> You may well have to roll your own disktab entry for the drive.

I was eventually able to remount the RAMDISK as read/write and then able
to renamed /etc/disktab.preinstall.  Once I did this, the disklabel was
finally commited to disk.  Is it a bug that disklabel won't write a
disklabel unless /etc/disktab is present?

I made it through the remainder of the install procedure -- unpacking all
of the binary sets onto the drive -- and now I have another problem: I
can't boot the kernel.

I've both 1) made a hard link from /netbsd to /boot and 2) tried booting
both files explicitly from the firmware command line.  In either case, I
end up with ``Data Abort''.

-J