Subject: Re: Acorn A310/R140 (was: handheld StrongArm SA-1100)
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/03/2000 21:28:38
In <URL:news:local.netbsd.port-arm32> on Fri 10 Dec, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Mark Brinicombe wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   Not effort underway that I know of. The main problem frequently is that
> > the people who are interested in doing ports etc. have difficulty getting
> > hold of hardware/tech info required.
> >
> 	If anyone is interested in porting NetBSD/arm32 to the Psion 5
> 	I can probably send them mine (to keep :) as an incentive
> 	(email me).
>
> 	To expand on this - if anyone is looking for specific arm32
> 	machines, or would be willing to lend/donate any to someone
> 	working on a port, please let us know...

This is the wrong group for this, but the closest one available.

I have a couple of Acorn A310s lying around unused, and also an R140
that I could lend to someone for an undefinite time.

These have the ARM2/3 processors, and the old VIDC and IOC, so it would
be a lot of work.

So, if someone wants to do a port for these, please let me know, and
I will send you the needed stuff.

If this is done, then we would get a new port in the tree, as these
would be arm26, i.e., 26-bit address bus only.

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://home.eunet.no/~kjetilbt/