Subject: Re: Java
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Glenn Todd <g.todd@internet.co.nz>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/27/1999 22:34:48
In message <199912270021.AAA00791@fdy2.demon.co.uk> you wrote:

> >I tried to install the Jikes Java package and got a message that this is
> >not supported on the arm32 machines.
>
> Jikes isn't Java, it is just a Java compiler. It should build without
> any problem though but my system crashes whenever I try to compile it.
>
> >Is there any Java implementations available for arm32 NetBSD
>
> Don't know of a free one.
>
> Robert Swindells

I am still coming to grips with the ins and outs of NetBSD and the
package collection. Two questions:

1.	Why does my system respond that Jikes is not available to arm32
architecture when I execute "make" in /usr/pkgsrc/lang/jikes.
2. 	Is there anyway to overide this and attempt to compile the package
anyway or would I be wasting my time.

--
Glenn Todd
Wellington