Subject: Re: Powertec card stops boot
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Jan-Uwe Finck <ju.finck@nord-com.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 12/27/1999 09:39:09
On Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 01:57:07AM +0000, Carl Hetherington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My apologies if this is a FAQ; I am a brand-new user of NetBSD/arm32 and I
> haven't found any clues to my problem yet...

No, I don't think it is.

> It all boots up fine and works when my Powertec SCSI-3 card is physically
> removed from the machine, but when its installed NetBSD fails to boot.  The
> kernel goes through printing its messages about what hardware is installed,
> prints a line about SCSI and then hangs.  There is a single hard disc
> connected to the SCSI card.
>
> I don't need to actually access the SCSI drive under NetBSD, I'd just like to
> be able to boot it without removing the card.  Any suggestions?

I don't think this is your fault.

We seem to have several problems with SCSI.
The Cumana SCSI II controller makes the machine crash when accessed,
and the Connect32 didn't work properly as far as I can remember.

Maybe someone with a bigger programming skill than mine can have a
look at this ?

--
CU
	Jan-Uwe